Happy Solar Eclipse Monday!
This will be a memorable day – “Solar Eclipse 2017” for those of us in its path. I have my special glasses and am ready to watch. We are expecting a partial eclipse here in central Illinois at 1:18 pm. I think it will be a very mystical and interesting experience.
I’m putting out mason jars of water to capture the power of the eclipse. Eclipse water is supposed to be very powerful. Wiccans collect moon water during the full moon. They believe that making and drinking moonlight water can boost your psychic and spiritual abilities, promote healing, and even increase your creativity.
Eclipse water is even more powerful and can grant powers, wisdom, and positive energy. Astrologer Sarolta DeFaltay says that the eclipse represents a culmination of energy, and that this Leo energy is about leadership, creativity, and becoming the most empowered leader in your arena. For this eclipse, she recommends that people focus on what they want to release — like bad habits and negative thinking — in order to focus their energy. The purpose of collecting eclipse water is to bottle up all that energy and be able to use it for months after the event has passed.
Now, I’m not a Wiccan but I do believe in magic. Magic is everywhere. Hope, Love, Faith, Compassion, and Fate are all magical powers. I’m open to the magic of a solar eclipse. I am meditating today on creativity.
Weekly Goal: Do one thing at a time.
I have so many goals: lose weight, get in better shape, improve my relationships, earn more money, improve my writing, organize my home, simplify, and enjoy life. Most of the time I feel like my wheels are spinning and I am not accomplishing anything. Time is running out for most of my goals.
I am thinking about my father. He really was a genius. There was nothing the man could not figure out. He was proficient in so many things. He could build anything. He could fix anything. He could fly an airplane. He could program computers. He knew everything about cars, electronics, cameras, airplanes, and computers. He would focus on one “hobby” at a time. He would study it and learn everything about it. When he became bored, he would move onto another hobby.
Maybe I could be happier and more productive if I accomplished one thing at a time instead of trying to do everything at once.
I am hoping this solar eclipse water influences my energy and creativity!
1. I deeply appreciate the compliments I received for being a good hostess last week. It is not very often that my housekeeping skills are acknowledged.
2. I am so happy that I finally noticed a timer on my kindle. I can set it and read until the timer goes off. No more staying up too late reading unless I just can’t resist.
3. I love my new king sized headboard. I have always wanted a headboard for my bed and it gives me such pleasure to look at it. I feel like I am sleeping in a soft, safe cocoon.
4. I am thankful to have had a restful, peaceful weekend with my husband. We have been so busy lately.
5. My favorite part of last week was watching the Southern Uprising Tour concert at the state fair. We watched the Outlaws, the Marshall Tucker Band, the Charlie Daniels Band, and Montgomery Gentry. They were all good but Charlie Daniels was the most impressive. He was very weak a few years ago when we last saw him. This time he gave a rousing performance at the age of 81. Incredible.
Have a great week!
Hope you have a wonderful day!