Tomorrow is Halloween! Thanksgiving is just 24 days away. Christmas will be here in 56 Days. The holidays are rapidly approaching. Our days will be filled with celebrating, decorating, eating, drinking, shopping, cooking, baking, family gatherings, parties, Hallmark Channel Movies, and nonstop fun. I love this time of year. I have some amazing activities scheduled for the next few months. It is going to be very busy around here. It won’t be perfect but it should be a good time.
Weekly Goal: Concentrate on the positive.
I was in a bad mood last week. My whole weekend had been controlled by another couple and I was unreasonably provoked. They are nice people but I resented having to worry about interacting with them. It was exhausting trying to please them. I felt a definite loss of personal freedom that weekend and it was making me crazy. The trapped feeling lessened after a few days and I started to feel better. I was a little ashamed of my selfish behavior and vowed to be nicer.
Reading the Pyramid of How to be Confident changed my attitude. I discovered it Wednesday morning on Pinterest. I need to be a more confident person and this pyramid has exactly what I need. It addresses my own personal needs and gives solutions to some of things I have been worrying about. The base of the confidence pyramid is positive thinking. Positive thinking is so powerful. It makes you feel good and it is so contagious. So, smile, expect good things to happen, and think positive thoughts. Do things that make you happy. Avoid negative people who do not respond to your positivity. Life is meant to be enjoyed.
I remained positive all week and I saw results in my relationships with my friends, my husband, and my children. I felt affectionate and it showed. I had fun. I got stuff done. Being positive made me feel so much better. I am meditating again and I feel more relaxed and focused.
1. I am thankful for my new cleaning service. I found a new biweekly cleaning service that is amazing. It Is costly but they are fast, thorough, and convenient. Having a clean house feels amazing.
2. I am thankful for my wonderful husband. He tolerated and forgave my bad mood earlier this week and was a fun and affectionate companion this weekend.
3. I am thankful that my two sons share their lives with me. They are never too busy to text and call me. They are happy to help me with my technical problems.
4. I am happy to that I had time to work on my crafts this weekend. It is so relaxing to sit with my cats, watching a good movie or listening to the radio, crocheting or sewing or beading. I love to create beautiful things. I have declared this week to be craft week.
5. I enjoyed taking walks around the neighborhood with my husband this weekend. I loved seeing the Halloween decorations and pretty colored fall trees. The fresh air felt wonderful even though we were chased by a dog and rained on. It was cold outside this weekend.
Have a great week and Happy Halloween!