Welcome to another Monday morning? How is your mood today?
Just five short days until the holiday weekend! Woo! Hoo! Just three days until we leave for our long weekend in Vegas. I need to start researching shows and restaurants and other activities. I think I will start a list of the possiblilities. We need something to do besides gambling and drinking. The pool area of our hotel looks fun and relaxing. Sin City here we come! What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Right?
Weekly goal: Be patient.
This week I will try to be patient. “ Patience is the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious.” (Oxford Dictionary) I want to have a great vacation but I know from experience that there are so many things that can go wrong. Preparing for the the trip, traveling delays, and getting along with my husband can become a nightmare! Getting upset and angry makes each problem worse.
I will be calm. I will be tolerant. I will be considerate. I will be communicative. I will be direct and open about what I need and desire from my traveling companion. I will also lower my expectations and go with the flow. I want to be happy this week and I want to have fun and relax on my vacation. Patience is the word for this week. We are now in “vacation mode”.
1. I am so happy that my garden is finally planted. It is so beautiful!
2. I am happy that my neighbors are such nice people. They are very friendly and yet so quiet and unobtrusive.
3. I am so happy that I am getting more comfortable in the presence of people who are not yet friends. I am a very shy person and it is so difficult for me to socialize. I am cautiously learning to trust people.
4. I love that my husband is a nurturing kind of man. I have been pretty whiny this week and he has been very comforting.
5. I am so happy that I was able to visit my mother-in-law last weekend. She is a lovely person. I think she loves me more than my own mother. I am so lucky to have her in my life.
Hope you have a wonderful day!