Today is a cool, wind, rainy day. It is a good morning to curl up in the couch with a warm blanket and a good book. And some coffee.
I drink Maxwell House Coffee and I like it bold. I have been drinking Maxwell House since I was nine years old. We had instant coffee at our house when I was growing up. Instant coffee was easy and cheap to make. I would drink it sweet with three heaping teaspoons of sugar and whole milk. It was a coffee milkshake.
But, after drinking brewed coffee at work, I developed a definite preference for it. The stronger the better. I’ve toned it down to a couple of packets of sweetener and sugar free Vanilla Caramel Coffee Mate. So good!
I have to limit my coffee to three cups or it affects my ability to go to sleep. If I am craving more coffee, I will brew a cup of decaf. I love Dunkin Donuts Medium Roast Decaf K-cups. It tastes like real coffee.
I have noticed that whereas the price of coffee has not changed, the amount of coffee in the can has decreased. I can now fill my coffee canister with the whole can. In the past, I had to make a few pots before I could empty the can into my canister. Very sneaky Maxwell House! The can seems like it is the same size.
I have also noticed that my favorite brand of toilet paper quickly melts away and my paper towels seem thinner while being more expensive. I don’t like the cheap stuff. I try to use less product and watch for coupons and sales. Manufacturers are certainly taking advantage of us consumers. Psyching us out with bigger packages of less product.
Weekly Goal: Slow down.
This week I need ito take it slow. This time I mean it. It feels like I just do not have enough time to do all the things I want to do. I try to prioritize. I make lists. It’s just not working for me. I am not enjoying my retirement. My life feels like one big list of things to get done. My cleaning lady quit. My house is a disorganized, dirty mess. The holidays are just around the corner and I already have multiple social events this week. I feel really stressed out. I need a time out. I need to sit. I need to rest. I need comfort. I need to enjoy my life.
- I love fluffy scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, wholewheat toast with blackberry jam, and orange juice for breakfast.❤️
- I love Aspercreme. I have arthritis and cannot take aspirin or ibuprofen. I have discovered that Aspercreme soothes the ache in my knees and hands without giving me the hives I get when I take an aspirin or ibuprofen tablet. Aspercreme is my new miracle remedy. It comes in a cream, lotion, gel, roll on, and a patch. You can purchase it at any drugstore or buy it here at Amazon.com.❤️
- I love soup. Soup is so comforting. It is a filling and delicious meal. There are hundreds of soup recipes in Pinterest. Yesterday we ordered soup from Panera and picked it up for lunch. Their Cream of Chicken and Wild Rice Soup is amazing. They also deliver.❤️
- I love fall. There are so many fun things to do and see. Next thing I want to do is watch the movie or go to the live play of the Rocky Horror Show. I have never seen it. I hear that it is a lot of fun.❤️
- I love the Chicago Cubs. I never thought I would become a die hard baseball fan. My husband is a huge fan and he has been brainwashing me all this time without my knowledge. I know way too much about the Cubs. There are so many ups and downs this week as they fight to get into the World Series again. It’s fun and our whole family is rooting for them.❤️
Have a great week!