Can you believe fall is just 26 days away? Is it too early for pumpkin madness? Pumpkin spice lattes are my favorite!
Don’t worry. We still have a few weeks of summer left although most people are closing their pools. Weathermen are expecting a warm fall around here so there is no need to rush out and buy those warm sweaters and sweatshirts. I have not yet gotten around to riding my bicycle this summer. My bike is very dusty and has two flat tires. Maybe I will get it fixed today. I love the feel of speed and the wind on my face when I am racing down the bike trail.
The spirit of fall and Halloween is everywhere. I bought Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin Hand Soap and wallflower fragrance last week. I won’t use it until Labor Day. When I was shopping at the Bath & Body Works store, there was a rush on pumpkin scented items. I had to wait for the clerk to unpack a newly received box and she took two phone calls from customers needing pumpkin products. I love that store. They just keep improving their products. I hope they have a good gingerbread product this year. I wonder if I should invest in Bath & Body Works.
Weekly Goal: Be Happy!
Am I happy? Sometimes. This week I have found myself to be lacking. I am my worst critic and I have been dwelling on my imperfections. That needs to stop right now. Happiness is a choice.
How to be happy with what you have and are:
1. List all your gifts/blessings: home, job, pets, loved ones, etc.
2. List all all the bad things that have not happened to you: jail, bankruptcy, death, etc., and think about how these things are actually gifts.
3. Let go of the past: failed relationships, mistakes, embarrassments,etc.
4. Stop comparing yourself to other people.
5. Stop taking pleasure from acquiring things.
6. Focus on your happiest memories: childhood, achievements,
7. Spend time with the people you truly like.
8. Thank the people who have made you happy.
9. Set exciting new goals.
10. Surround yourself with things that make you feel happy.
11. Live an active lifestyle. Enjoy the outdoors. Do something new.
12. Have fun. Enjoy a movie, the beach, a good restaurant.
( For more tips on how to be happy go to: How to Be Happy With What You Have.)
1. I love my delphinium plant. It’s blooming and it is so pretty. I planted it last year and thought it was dead but it came back and it is just beautiful! I guess the rabbits didn’t see it!
2. My favorite part of last week was celebrating my friends 50th birthday Saturday night. She had a Mexican fiesta with margaritas and karaoke. It was a great way to turn fifty. Painless! Fun! Great people!
3. I am grateful for old friends. I bumped into an old friend while shopping at T.J.Maxx. She was so friendly and bubbly and happy. Her happiness brightened my day.
4. I am happy to finally get my older pots and pans replaced and organized. I am ready to cook some delicious fall meals.
5. I am so grateful to be feeling more energetic and healthy this week. I may be getting over these summer long sinus problems. I have been steaming my face with a bowl of hot water and a few drops of eucalyptus essential oil and it really seems to be helping.
Have a great week!