It’s been a wild and crazy week followed by a very nice weekend. October days can be so gorgeous!
I need a lot of coffee this morning. I feel incredibly sleep deprived. I’m still not sleeping well and to make matters worse, I started reading a really good book – Seeing Red by Sandra Brown. I stayed up way too late reading and woke up numerous times during the night. Then, I woke up too early and couldn’t get back to sleep. Could it be that reading my Kindle is disturbing my sleep? Even though I use the blue light setting? I love the convenience but maybe I should go back to reading paperback books for awhile.
I turned on the tv first thing and am watching the Las Vegas massacre. It is making me cry. Horrible! Just horrible! So many people killed and injured. People just wanting to have a good time at a Jason Aldean concert. How scary! Concerts seem to be a common target for these shootings. Those poor people. We have a trip to Vegas scheduled for this coming weekend.
Last week was wild and crazy!
The worst part of the week was a broken air conditioner in the middle of this unseasonable heat wave. It took several days and $500 to get it repaired. We were pretty uncomfortable for a few days and I am really appreciating a functional air conditioner.
The best part of the week was watching the Chicago Cubs clinch the National League Central Division. We had really good tickets which included a private clubhouse, bar, and dinner buffet before the games and a waitress during the game. All food and drink were included in the price of the ticket. Our seats were in the second row behind home plate. We were frequently broadcast on tv during batting. Our friends and family could watch us during the game. We were so close to the field. I loved watching the players. We texted our family and friends, laughed, drank beer, ate, and watched a very exciting baseball game.
We wanted to keep the party going so we went to several casinos after the game. We drank too much, gambled too much, and stayed up too late. It was so much fun and my husband won a lot of money at blackjack.
I slept in Saturday and Sunday. I worked on my store and finally finished washing the windows. My husband helped. He says next year we will hire someone to powerwash the house and wash the windows and screens for us. Yay! We did all our chores on Saturday and rested on Sunday.
I am content. I am making progress on my goals and am having fun. I’m not perfect. I am a work in progress. I hope to continue in this direction and not waste time worrying about what could go wrong.
Weekly Goals: Be content. Love my life.
My goal this week is to look for something to love about life every everyday. It is a crazy world and things often take a turn for the worse. I must focus on the positive side of life. I like this feeling of being content and loving my life. Things are getting done pleasantly and slowly. I am happy. I am excited about the future. I have so many things to be happy about and so many good friends and family to love.
1. My glittery pumpkins give me great pleasure and a little lift in mood every time I look at them. I bought them from WalMart but they can be easily made at home. Simply spray with glue or brush with liquid glue. Add glitter to a large plastic bag, add pumpkin and shake gently. Place pumpkin on newspaper for 24 hours to dry. It is a good idea to wear gloves during this process. For instructions, visit twosisterscrafting.com
2. I love my newly cleaned windows. My house is much brighter now with more sunshine coming through them. Clean windows are supposed to let in positive energy according to feng shui.
3. I am grateful for air conditioning.
4. I am happily anticipating a short vacation this weekend with my husband. It will be an adventure even though we have been to Vegas before. We have been gifted some freebies from a friend and do not know what to expect. We always have a good time there.
5. I give thanks for my safe, simple life.
Have a great week! Be safe! Be happy!